Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Favorites

Here are some makeup products that I've been loving this month!


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette:

I've had this palette for a couple years, and it is such a staple! It is an all matte palette with the exception of the Venus shade which is a perfect subtle shimmery highlight.  This is my go-to palette when I'm in a rush and just want to create some depth/dimension to my lids.  The matte black shade is great to use as a soft liner.  I can't get enough of the Naked 2 shade...its THE perfect crease/transition shade. The formula is great, very blendable and pigmented. I highly recommend this product, very worth the investment. (Retails at $28)


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara:


I got this mascara in my December IPSY bag and I love it! I am all about drugstore mascara but this is one high-end mascara I would splurge on.  It's lengthens, volumizes and separates so well and with ZERO clumping.  I swear I could keep layering this mascara on all day and it wouldn't clump.  You can add many layers and your lashes just keep getting better.  AND the key for me-it is easy to remove with soap and water.  (Retails at $20)

Beauty Blender: 


I got this in my stocking for Christmas and love it!  I don't use anything but a sponge to apply my foundation.  It makes it so fast/easy to blend and gives a flawless finish! I do have to say, I still stand by on my opinion that the Real Techniques Sponge works JUST as well as the Beauty Blender.  So I'm sure I won't be repurchasing this one and continue to pay way less for a great dupe!  (Beauty Blender retails at $19.95; Real Techniques Sponge retails at $5.99)


Anastasia Brow Wiz:


I love this brow pencil.  I had gone through a few of these and love it but wasn't a fan of the price so I thought I'd try the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade which was a tad bit cheaper.  I wasn't a fan of it-very difficult to work with.  This pencil takes practice to use, but once you get it down it's amazing! There is a nice range of shades suitable for everyone.  The fine point tip helps create actual hair-like strokes when filling your brows in and the spoolie on the end is convenient for blending.  Using a light hand is key for sure.   (Retails at $21)

Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy Nail Polish: Check Mate:

I'm a sucker for neutral anything, including nail polish.  I have never seen a shade of polish like this before. I've had it on my nails for the majority of the month.  It's not too pale and not too dark.  The perfect nude shade.  The formula is pretty good too-I've gotten away with wearing this polish for a week with little to no chipping.  (Retails at $4.99)

Sonia Kashuk Jazzed Up Nudes Lip Palette:

I also got this in my Christmas stocking (Santa knows me well!)  This is a limited edition lip palette sold at Target. I feel like I saw it still in stock a couple weeks ago so there may be a few left in store.  I never had liked the idea of using a lip brush to apply lipstick-it seemed too high maintenance but I have to say it's nice!  The brush allows you to have more precision.  The shades work so nicely together, I almost always mix at least 2 of the shades together.  The formula is very smooth and moisturizing.  The packaging is to.die.for.  Sleek, slim gold and with a great mirror.  Perfect to throw in the purse for on-the-go.  Go out and get this palette if you can! (Retails at $19.99)

Mary LouManizer: The Balm Cosmetics:


I use this product every single day, and I have for the past year or so.  I mainly use it as a cheek bone highlighter but it can also be used as an eye shadow.  Unlike other highlighters is has no glitter in it. It's finely milled and gives the perfect sheen to the skin.  You do definitely need to use a light hand and use barely any product (Probably why it's lasted me for so long!).  I generally sweep it on the top of my cheek bones, down the center of my nose, under the brow bone or an inner tear duct highlight.  You can also put it on top or under your blush for a glowy finish.  This is definitely one of my most loved/holy-grail makeup products!  (Retails at $24) BUT I got mine off of Hautelook.com for 1/2 off!

 What products have you been loving this month? Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the new Cover Girl mascara in the teal/blue tube called The Super Sizer? Love that!

    ReplyDelete