Sunday, August 16, 2015

Summer Faves

 
There are a lot of products, old and new, that I've been loving this summer!  Summer is the time I love to have a bronzy, dewy, sun-kissed look. 
 
I was rushing to get what I could of the diminishing natural light at 7:30pm, so I apologize for the bad quality pictures.  Also-I'm an amateur.  :)

 
 St. Ives Timeless Skin Moisturizer: $4.79
This is more of an all time favorite.  I've been using this moisturizer for years and I love it.  I originally got the recommendation from one of my favorite beauty bloggers Maskcara.  This moisturizer is so light, non greasy, and with no fragrance.  It absorbs into the skin so fast and leaves my skin feeling great.  AND the best part-it's so cheap!  You get 10 oz of product for only $4.79!
 Simple Cleansing Micellar Water: $6.99:
I discovered this product from another beauty blogger's recommendation EssieButton.  This is a cleansing water that removes your makeup while still keeping your skin moisturized  I use this product after I cleanse my face to remove any extra dirt or makeup left behind. I use this as my cleanser when I'm in a rush in the morning and just want to head out the door to run an errand or go for a run. Also, this came in so handy while camping this summer.  I just saturate a cotton pad with this and wipe my face, no water needed.  Plus it's very refreshing.
 Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo: $5.99
I've been trying for a long time to find a good dry shampoo.  The products I've tried in the past have had an unpleasant scent, feel too wet on my hair, or make my roots look even more grey than they already are due to the white color of the spray.  This one is the best I've found that doesn't break the bank.  This dry shampoo has little to no scent, no major white cast, and also doesn't feel too heavy on my roots. 


Jergens BB Body Perfecting Cream: $9.99
This is definitely a product I only use in the summer time.  This body cream has a slight tint and gives your skin the most beautiful glow. It evens out the skin tone, it goes on sheer, absorbs quickly, plus it smells great!  This is not a self tanner, it did not give my skin any sort of a tan.  It claims to hide skin imperfections and visibly firm the skin after continued use. 

 
 
 
 Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro: $7.99
I've mentioned before about being a fan of the Milani Baked Blushes.  My all-year-round go to is the shade Luminoso, but this summer I needed something a little darker for my more tan skin tone.  These blushes blend so beautifully and last all day.  They have a hint of shimmer which is a must for summer! 




Poor quality swatch of Rose D'Oro






 
Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer: in shade Park Avenue Princess $30 (for full size)

I got this as a sample in my Ispy bag in July.  This is a great, cool tone brozer that gives the perfect amount of bronzy glow without looking orange at all.  It blends great and I feel it could also be used as a subtle contouring shade.  I apply this on my forehead, cheekbones, sides of the nose, and under my jaw line.  Often I would combine this with a more warm-tone bronzer for even more of a sun--kissed look. I'm not sure I would purchase the full-size version of this product just because of the price tag but I've been loving this sample size one.



 

Swatch of Park Avenue Princess.  HOLY VEINS.
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Champagne Pop: $38
Yeah.  $38 for a highlighter, I know.  BUT I can honestly say it was so worth it.  This product is SO amazing.  Jaclyn Hill is my absolute favorite beauty guru and when I heard she was collaborating with Becca Cosmetics, I had to jump on the band wagon.  This highlight.  I can't even begin to try and explain how good it is.  It is so finely milled, the texture alone is so amazing.  The shade is the most perfect, peachy, golden, not glittery, shade.  I feel like I'm glowing from within when I wear it.  I apply this to the very top of my cheek bones, above my brow,  down the bridge of my nose, and on the cupid bow of my lip.  This is the ultimate summer product and I highly recommend it!!!


Just the perfect amount of glow



Poor quality swatch.  If you see this in a Sephora, please swatch it, it so buttery and amazing!
 
Lorac Unzipped Palette: $40
 
I did an entire post on this palette here.  With lots of shimmery shades, this is a wonderful palette for summer time. 



This is a blurry, bad picture but my favorite combo I used this summer was: Unconditional in the crease, Undercover on the brow bone and either Unreal, Unbelievable or Unattainable all over the lid.



I've been going back and forth between two different foundations this summer:

Garnier BB Cream for Combo/oily skin in shade: Medium Deep $9.99
This is the best BB cream I've found at the drugstore.  It's super light weight, but evens out the skin and has great coverage.  I think the reason I like it so much is due to the medium deep shade matching my skin tone pretty perfect in the summer time.  I use this with a beauty blender and it creates a flawless finish. 

Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte:   $11.99
I did an entire blog post on this product too here.  I still love this foundation.  I recently repurchased this and will continue using it before the weather turns cold and my skin gets dry again.  This foundation does not budge!  It lasts all day and keeps the oil at bay.  If I know I have to go somewhere after a full day at work, this is what I will use because I know my makeup will look close to the same as it did when I left the house.  I can't say enough about this product. 

Now for a few makeup brushes...

Morphe M330 : $5.99
I've recently discovered the brand Morphe for makeup brushes.  They have amazing brushes for such a great price!  This blending brush is so soft and blends eye shadow into the crease seamlessly. 


IT Cosmetics for ULTA C4203 Buffing Foundation Brush:
My husband got me an IT Cosmetics brush kit for Mother's Day and they are amazing brushes!  So soft and high quality.  I use this brush for blending foundation...specifically the Loreal Infallible foundation.  It has the perfect density but also is gentle on the face.  It works great.  I'm not sure of the price of this brush since it came in a kit, but I would guess it would be in the $20-30 dollar range based on the price of other brushes at ULTA. 
Crown C158 Angle Liner Brush with Spoolie: $2.38
You read that right.  This brush was just over $2.  Crown brushes are SO affordable and good quality!  I love this brush for eyebrows.  It has the perfect density, creates a thin line and the spoolie on the end is so handy for blending.  I'd pay way more for this brush. 

Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa Butter: $2.29
I am obsessed with this!  This lip balm is SO moisturizing.  I put this on at night and I wake up and it's still there.  My lips feel so soft after using this and it really does give your lips a glow.  And my favorite part is the smell...the best cocoa butter scent. 


Kat Von D Shade Light Palette: $46
I'm still loving this contour palette.  I haven't been contouring as much in the summer but I still use this palette every day.  I always set my concealer with the light shades and I used the heck out of the bottom middle shade for bronzing this summer.  I can't say enough good things about this product.  See my full review here.  I am now dying to try the Kat Von D Shade Light Eye Palette.  It looks amazing!




What products have you been loving this summer?  Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment