Friday, November 21, 2014

High Five Friday!

Well hello again!

Many of the blogs that I follow do what is called a 'High Five Friday'. This is where they share their top five moments of the week every Friday as a nice way to remind themselves that they A) survived one more work week and B) have things to be thankful for this past week, which may take their job resentment, road rage, etc down a couple notches, to allow for an enjoyable weekend.

So here are five things that rocked my socks this week:

1) My hubby has been out of town all week on business. I don't know about you, but when I have the house to myself, I am usually relaxing with a long bath or shower, using a ridiculous amount of hot water, and lip syncing to Beyonce Pandora...Bae. It's also when I can actually take my time and use some of the products that I am usually too lazy to use at 5am when I'm getting ready for work.
This week I busted out this loofah deal that I bought on our honeymoon in September. This thing is AMAZING! Its made of a vegetable glycerin and has a cross section of natural loofah in the middle. As the glycerin starts to shrink, more of the loofah is exposed.

::Awkward hand pose::


WARNING- This loofah means business. I like a more rough exfoliation (that sounds a little inappropriate- - eh, oh well) so this is perfect, but for the sensitive Sally's out there, stick with a body wash based exfoliant.

Here's the link to their shop if you're interested:
www.paradisegardensoaps.com

2) With my hubs being out of town, I have needed some help with letting our crazy 9 month old puppy Tank, and 11 year old Chihuahua Chile out during the days I was working. My aunt Sherri offered to help me out, and I can't thank her enough! She made my life so much easier this past week, and reminded me how ride or die my family is... (I feel like such a Kardashian talking like that).


3) Does anyone else have a pact with their significant other, roommate, etc. that the shows on the DVR cannot be watched without the other person or else you'll get the 'Really? you just couldn't wait' face. Or worse, you slip and say 'Oh this is the best part...' when you're re-watching it and they're under the impression you're seeing it for the first time... that's destined for disaster.

Well our household has the DVR agreement, so I took this week of single living to find a new show while my usual shows wait patiently for hubs return on Friday.
This is what I found:


Ok... I know I'm a little late to join the bandwagon, but holy hell have I been living under a rock?! I have binge watched the entire first season after work this week.
Crazy eyes, lesbian prison yard fights, Pennsytucky's (sp?) disgusting teeth, Red, etc. So much good stuff in one show. I'm just beginning season 2 and I cannot believe Alex... what a biatch. Oh man, I could go on and on. Anyone else obsessed with OITNB, or have a show that they have binge watched in one sitting? C'mon be honest, we're all friends here.

4) OKRA! I don't think I've ever had Okra (knowingly), until yesterday when the cafeteria at work was serving it. Oh mylanta, I love it! I will be cooking with this very soon. I know this seems anti-climactic and kind of random but this little discovery made my workday.
Anyone have a good recipe that incorporates okra? If so leave it in the comments!

5) I don't know when this happened, but at some point I stopped wearing real adult clothing on my days off, and have succumbed to a life of workout pants, hoodies, and running shoes when I have nowhere important to be*. Does anyone else do this?

*Note- important places/ events include: weddings, funerals, job interviews, and... that about sums it up.

Well for all you ladies who like to keep it cozy in your downtime, I have found the most comfortable exercise/ yoga/ lounging pants, and they don't cost an arm and a leg... thank you very much Nike.
Target has a great line called C9 by Champion, and I've now bought two pairs of these beauties.
So head on down to your nearest Target and pick up a pair, along with a million other things that you probably don't need but somehow magically appear in your cart.

These are one of the patterns I bought. They also have plain black or grey if you're not into flashy prints. 

Here's the link if you're interested:
Target Leggings

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

XOXO,
Gill

1 comment: