Monday, November 3, 2014

October 2014 IPSY Review

I am an IPSY subscriber.  IPSY is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive beauty samples-many of which are full-sized products and all included in a cute makeup bag.  It's $10 a month and you definitely get way more than $10 worth.  I've had it for a little over a year and I enjoy it.  I love trying out new products and it's so fun to open a small gift every month!  There are definitely months that are better than others.  This month's glam bag was just ok in my opinion.  Here's what I got...




1. Epice Purifying Exfoliant: This is a great facial exfoliant.  The texture reminds me of a microdermabrasion scrub.  It claims to remove excess dirt and dead skin cells while also activating collagen production.  My skin felt noticeably smoother after using this as my skin does after using any sort of scrub.  I do love how fine the scrub is.  This is great to use a couple times a week for fresh, smooth skin. I liked this product.

2. ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream for hair: a beauty balm for the hair that moisturizes, repairs, smooths, adds body and shine.  All these claims sound wonderful, but I didn't notice anything different after using this product.  Not a fan.

3. Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Shadow Powder:  First off...this is what happened when I first opened this product:

Not a good impression right?

The formula of the shadow is alright.  It had great pigment.  The color is not for me.  Way too shimmery and purple.  I did however, use it on my daughter for her witch halloween makeup.  :)  I did not like this product for me.

4.Figs and Rouge Hand Cream:  There was nothing special about this hand cream. I'm not the type of person that needs or uses a separate lotion for my hands.  Whatever I have on hand (pun-intended) at home is what I will use.  I will say that it's convenient to keep in my purse but I could definitely live without this product.   

5. City Color Be Matte Lipstick: The matte lip trend that's happening right now is something that I actually really love.  The problem with a lot of matte lip products is that they are very drying and uncomfortable on the lips.  This one wasn't too bad, not overly drying and creamy.  The color was pretty good, a tad too peachy for my skin tone, but definitely a product that I will put to use.  I liked this product.


You can earn what's called "IPSY points" by referring people to IPSY, reviewing your products that you received, sharing your glam bag on social media, etc.  I finally found something that I wanted to use all my hard-earned IPSY points on.  These Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Trio.  I love bronzy, neutral shadows so these will be put to good use.  They are very pigmented and blendable.  I'm a big fan of Milani products.  I think it's a drugstore brand that has a lot of products that are high-end comparable.  

If you are interested in trying out IPSY, click this link and join! 

1 comment:

  1. i did not like the hand lotion much, the smell and consitency was yuck. the liptick, oh how i need that in my life. love that color...i am now on the hunt :) considering new beauty boxes ...i need variey!
    amy

    ReplyDelete