Monday, November 17, 2014

Smokey Eye with the Lorac Mego Pro

I've always loved the smokey eye look on other people, but never on myself.  For one, I never go out anywhere fancy enough for a smokey eye.  For two, I feel like with my dark features, it looks a little over-dramatic.  BUT I figured I had nothing else to do on a Friday night when my hubster was working late.  So I tried it out just for fun.  :) 

Lorac Mego pro-for reference to the shades I used

I started out with just a little primer on my eyes.  I used the Lorac eye primer that came in my original Lorac Pro palette. It does a great job of helping your shadow applying smoothly, keeping your eye makeup in place and prevents creasing. I also filled my  brows in with Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in shade medium brown.

I started out with the shade Fawn all over my lid up and into my crease.

I blended a mixture of Camel and Sepia and blended that into my crease.

I added Espresso into the outer V of my eye and then deepened it with Caviar.

I took a blending brush with no product on it and blended for what seemed like eternity.  You can never blend enough...the last thing you want I harsh lines and look like you were socked in the eye.

Now, I rarely use eye liner so I'm not the best at it...but I tried my best to add some winged liner.  I used an angeled eye liner brush with black Elf cream liner (seriously good stuff for only $3!) and then sharpened it up with my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner.  Not pictured because I'm a makeup tutorial ameatur: I added a combo of Sepia and a tiny bit of Espresso onto my lower lash line. 

I added Cream under my brow bone with a little Opal added on the outer brow bone and a touch of Opal in the inner corner of my eye for a highlight.  Then added some mascara (a combo of Makeup Forever and Loreal Butterfly) to both my top and bottom lashes. I then tapped a tiny bit of the shade Champagne onto the center of my lids with my finger.
I finished off my face with foundation, concealer, some cream contouring, blush and setting powder and setting spray.
AND the end result with some awkward posing.

All ready for a night out somewhere fancy.  But I instead washed it all off and went to bed. :)


The smokey look is definitely not something I will use often, if ever, but it was fun to try out

5 comments:

  1. whoa sexy mama.... You look amazing seriously!!! Love it and now I want to try it ��
    Poopsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!! You're inspiring me to look into better eye shadows! Is the "cream with opal" what you added to make it look more shimmery and hydrated? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Yes a little shimmer on the brow bone makes a huge difference! I also use a cheek highlighter (The Balm Cosmetics Mary Luminizer) for that dewy finish above the cheek bones. :

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can honestly say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the top part of your eyes! The over all effect, WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete